TV5Monde USA to Launch HD Signal in Greater Louisiana
TV5MONDE USA TO LAUNCH HD SIGNAL SERVING COX SUBSCRIBERS IN GREATER LOUISIANA AND NEW ORLEANS BEGINNING THIS AUGUST
LOS ANGELES, August 10, 2016 ― TV5MONDE USA, America’s only 24/7 French language entertainment channel, in conjunction with its partner COX Louisiana ̶ will begin offering its programming in HD starting this August. The HD network will now be available in Greater Louisiana as Channel 1226 and in New Orleans as Channel 1335.
Said TV5MONDE General Manager Yves Bigot, “With the tremendous support of our COX Louisiana partners, we are excited to once again improve upon the viewing experience of our loyal audience throughout Louisiana. We will now be able to present our channel and all of its programming to them with all the vibrancy the HD format has to offer.”
A look at just some of the programming that TV5MONDE USA will be airing in August:
• Epicerie Fine (Airs Tuesdays during the month at 11:30am/ET) - Michelin-starred chef Guy Martin presents iconic products associated with France and provides an overview of the experts who work with them. An encounter with passionate food lovers without whom French cuisine would not be what it is today.
• Taratata 100% Live – Thursdays at 11:00pm ET. Live music show featuring unexpected duets and trios, first-time covers, and new talents. Watch the greatest names on the French and international music scene appear one after the other....
• Bienvenue au Zoo de Paris! – Wednesday, August 17 at 8:30pm ET. Recorded up close over two years amongst animals and humans, this documentary tells the story of the extraordinary transformation of the Vincennes Zoo, founded in the 1930s, into an innovative zoological park. A total immersion behind the scenes of this environmental adventure in which animals live in their natural setting.
• Mary Queen of Scotts – Dramatic feature film airs Sunday, August 14 at 8:30 pm ET. Mary Stuart, Queen of Scotland, is to marry the French Dauphin. Following the death of her husband, now the King, the young widow returns to her home country where she marries Lord Darnley and produces an heir. She later meets the love of her life, the Earl of Bothwell.
• Je vais bien, ne t’en fais pas (Don’t Worry, I’m Fine) - Dramatic feature film airs Thursday, August 11th at 8:30pm ET. César award-winning film chronicles the relationship between Elise "Lili" Tellier and her twin brother. When Lili discovers that her brother has ran away from home, she instantly goes into a deep depression and is forced into a psychiatric hospital. While recovering, Lili receives a letter in the mail stating that her sibling is living on the streets which forces her to go on a hunt for him. Heartfelt drama stars César award-winning actress Mélanie Laurent as "Lili".
• L’art de séduire (The Art of the Seduction) – Feature film comedy airs Sunday, August 21 at 8:30pm/ET. A psychoanalyst in love with one of his patients, Jean-François is finally ready to seduce her when she decides to stop her treatment. Obsessed by this woman, Jean-François makes one mistake after another. He seeks advice from Julien, a patient he is treating for being a compulsive ladies’ man!
• Rock N’ Roll Circus – TV comedy film airs Friday, August 12 at 8:30pm / ET. Paul, Bob, Denis and Lisa are four friends who share a passion for music. Twenty years earlier, their career was destroyed by Lisa’s treachery.
• #versionfrançaise – Fashion magazine show airs Saturday, August 20th at 7:30pm ET. Hosted by fashionista and French actress Katherina Marx, this weekly magazine series pulls back the curtain, exposing viewers to the lifestyle, designs and showrooms of some of the world’s top fashion designers. This episode features an appearance by French jewelry maker Lorenz Bäumer.
• Tableau noir – Documentary airs Friday, August 12 at 11:00pm/ET. Directed by Yves Yersin, this documentary won the Jury Prize at the 2013 Locarno Festival. Gilbert Hirschi has spent 41 years teaching 6 to 11 year-olds in a little school in the mountains of the Jura. With the closure of the school having been announced we follow him through his final year of teaching and the tough journey that is education for the children...
As a result of the close working relationship that COX Louisiana and TV5MONDE USA have enjoyed for more than a decade, the channel has been able to both expand its carriage in the region and enhance the service it provides.
Acadiana has long held a special place in the annals of French history, and the region is widely recognized as the home of the Cajun French culture and lifestyle. This part of Louisiana became the America’s Cajun heartland when its forefathers were forced to leave Acadie (Nova Scotia) in 1755. Similarly, New Orleans consists of French-speaking households that make up nearly 20 percent of the population. Of course New Orleans’ French ties go back to its origins as a city having been named after Philippe II, Duke of Orleans who was the Regent of France for King Louis XV from 1715-1723.
TV5MONDE is the global French-language entertainment network, broadcasting 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to more than 297 million households in 200 countries worldwide, making it the leading French-language entertainment television network in the world in terms of subscribers. In the United States, TV5MONDE USA is seen throughout the nation on cable systems belonging to Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Time Warner and more. The channel’s U.S. headquarters are based in Los Angeles.
TV5MONDE offers several French language services in the U.S. including TV5MONDE, USA, the French language entertainment network that focuses on programming including films and sports, TiVi5MONDE Kids, the 24/7 French language children’s network, and TV5MONDE Cinema On Demand, the On Demand French language film service.
TV5MONDE is a network comprised of 12 different channels serving the USA, Latin America, Europe, France / Belgium / Switzerland, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Pacific and one serving Canada, TV5 Québec Canada. To find channel information and more information about TV5MONDE USA and its programming, please visit: www.tv5mondeusa.com
About COX Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable TV company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For eight years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity 10 times, including the last nine years. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.