Partnership Opportunity: Paul Gaugin High School (Orléans, France) Sustainability Project
French high school is looking for a New Orleans partner for a sustainable development project, "Water is Gold".
- Through the scope of sustainable development, encourage students to think about ways to preserve water and reduce its consumption.
- Flooding is a climate-related phenomenon that concerns both cities, Orléans and New Orleans. Through this lens, this partnership opportunity aims to encourage a conversation on natural risks and their economic, ecological and human impact.
- The role of business in sustainable development and its regulation.
- Student coursework from both partner institutions will follow the aforementioned topics to ensure coherency and favor teamwork
- Possibility to conduct Skype interviews with the partner school
- Interviews with global entrepreneurs working on sustainability issues
- Development of communication tools and documents (exhibitions, newspaper articles, slides, mind maps...)
Paul Gaugin is a vocational High School which is seeking a group of students aged 16-29, enrolled in high school or college (specialty in management and administration preferred)
- Foster an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to succeed
- Develop language skills as a way to promote youth employment
- Favor international mobility
- Build ecological awareness among students to encourage them to become responsible citizens
- Provide a concrete meaning to teaching to discourage high school dropouts
- Provide an opportunity for a disadvantaged audience to gain international exposure, as a way to tackle social inequality
- Discover the business world to promote youth employment
* Presentation of the project to entrepreneurs for sponsorship
* Compare French and American regulations
* Raise awareness as to the importance of English in business
- September-December 2019: Students from New Orleans travel to Orléans
- First Semester 2020: Students from Orléans travel to New Orleans (possibly to coincide with Mardi Gras)
If interested, please contact Mme Janvier: firstname.lastname@example.org