Nicholls State University, Thibodaux [fr]
1) Research programs and existing collaborations :
- In the Culinary department
- Partnership with the National WWII Museum in New Orleans
2) Short term programs
Faculty led programs
- Culinary arts : Senior-level students who excel in both culinary skill and academics are selected to participate in a four-month training session in cuisine, restaurant management and wine selection at the Institut Paul Bocuse in Lyon, France. During the summer program, students explore a variety of traditional and modern French cooking techniques; they will earn three hours of externship credit, and may complete additional assignments to earn another three hours credit in Regional French Cuisine.
- Nicholls Europe : Nicholls Europe, Louisiana’s second oldest international study program, provides students and community members an opportunity to travel and study in England, Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark and the Czech Republic. The 17-day program, held each June, offers an up-close and personal study of art, drama, architecture, government and history. Students of all disciplines may earn undergraduate or graduate credit in history, humanities and art courses.
- WWII Study abroad : History department’s World War II program challenges students to consider the experience that soldiers had during the D-day invasion. After two days spent at the National museum, students will enjoy a unique 6 days experience in Normandy, France. Meeting locals and visiting private castles are also including in the journey. Participants are eligible to receive 3 hours of university credit and will leave with a deeper understanding of Normandy invasion and World War II.
3) Long term programs (semester or year long)
- Ecole de Management de Normandie (Management School in Normandy)
- Ecole Superieure du Commerce Extrerieur (ESCE) (Business School in foreign trade)
- ESC St. Etienne – St. Etienne, France (Business school)
- NEOMA Business School – Reims, France
- Pôle Universitaire Léonard de Vinci – Paris-La Défense, France
- European Study Abroad (faculty led program)