New Orleans French Film Festival 2016 [fr]
The New Orleans Film Society is proud to present the 19th annual New Orleans French Film Festival, a summer showcase of the best in contemporary and classic French cinema, in partnership with the Consulate General of France in Louisiana and the Prytania Theatre. The event will take place July 7-14, 2016.
- Opening Night screening of My Golden Days (Trois souvenirs de ma jeunesse) from celebrated director Arnaud Desplechin, which will screen at the Orpheum Theater with an after-party at Moxy New Orleans.
- The 2015 Cannes Film Festival Palme d’Or winner Dheepan from director Jacques Audiard.
- Director Jean-Charles Hue will be in attendance to present his film Eat Your Bones (Mange tes morts) about the Romany community of northern France, to be followed by a master class presented at the Alliance Française.
- Nouvelle vague films Band of Outsiders (Bande à part) from Jean-Luc Godard and Soft Skin (La peau douce) from François Truffault.
- The newly restored Senegalese film Black Girl (La Noire de...) from "father of African cinema" Ousmane Sembène.
- And new work featuring Juliette Binoche, Gérard Depardieu, and Isabelle Huppert.
$9 + sales tax for NOFS and Prytania members
$11 + sales tax for non-members
Opening Night tickets
(My Golden Days at the Orpheum Theatre)
$15 + sales tax for NOFS members
$20 + sales tax for non-members
includes the screening + after-party
French Film Fest Pass* for NOFS members only
$70 + sales tax
includes access to all screenings, Opening Night party
*The pass can be purchased only on neworleansfilmsociety.org or at NOFS desk at each venue. Tickets can be purchased online at neworleansfilmsociety.org and prytaniatheatreneworleans.com or at each venue during the Festival. (NOFS member prices are not available on the Prytania website.)